Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said he would meet Rafael Grossi, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, on Monday ahead of a new round of negotiations with the United States in Geneva.
He said in a tweet that he was accompanied by a group of experts and would hold “deep technical” discussions.
The IAEA has been urging Iran to grant access to nuclear sites bombed by the United States during the 12-day war in June, which Iran has so far denied, citing safety and security concerns.
It has also called on Iran to provide information about the fate of more than 400 kilograms of highly enriched uranium that Tehran had stockpiled before the attack.
Iranian representatives also held talks with Russian and Chinese counterparts in Vienna a day earlier. The meetings come ahead of the IAEA Board session in early March, where Iran’s file is expected to be discussed.
Araghchi also said in his tweet that he would meet Badr al-Busaidi, Oman’s foreign minister, before Tuesday’s talks with the United States.
“I am in Geneva with real ideas to achieve a fair and equitable deal,” he said, dismissing any possibility of “submission before threats.”
Meanwhile, Ali Larijani, secretary of Iran’s Supreme National Security Council, said the US demand that Iran not develop a nuclear weapon is an issue Tehran is willing to negotiate and hinted at allowing IAEA inspections of its underground facilities to prove it is not seeking to build atomic bombs.
In an interview with Al Jazeera on Sunday, he said inspections could be conducted “monthly or even daily,” including at sites where the technology is “under the mountain.”
“We accept the Agency’s supervision.”
He was likely referring to enrichment facilities Iran has built deep underground that were targeted in US strikes.

